Thursday, March 8, 2007

figures

I prayed tonight

prayed for the first time in
a very long time
well not actually prayed
that would mean I believe in
him
her
or it
and that
he
she
or it
could in fact do something
about my life
but I did feel it only proper
to thank all three of them
just in case
they had anything to do with
me meeting her

I prayed tonight

and then slept
and dreamt
dreamt I was living
a different life
when I woke
I found I was living
a different life
and that I was
still dreaming
something about god
dropping by
me telling him
I’m not a member
could he come back later
and we could talk

I’m on my way to meet
a beautiful redhead
I told him
and he said
she worked for him

figures

figures I’d meet someone
already taken
by god no less
and I thought it was
she who wanted me
I told him
I thought it
was time he left
he said he
would camp on
my doorstep until
I was willing
to let him in again
I said I live in
an apartment
I don’t
have a doorstep

he got up

got up
and went to the window
stood there looking out
while the light he’d given off
got
dimmer

and dimmer.

No comments: